FAQs: AAAP Membership Program
What are the benefits of AAAP membership?
The AAAP is committed to supporting its members and to the ongoing advancement of AcuEnergetics®. AAAP membership includes these key benefits:
- High quality training by way of Continuing Education Days and First Aid Certification
- Filmed recordings of two or more Continuing Education Days per year
- Scholarship awards and financial assistance
- Access to AcuEnergetics® online exams
- Compliance for industry insurance programs
- Building AcuEnergetics® modality and community
- Formalised knowledge sharing
- Community events
- Access to AAAP library / study materials
- Open Door Program and issue resolution
Professional Membership: AUD$80 annual fee. If you are purchasing Professional membership for the first time you will also be required to purchase the Initial Joining Fee AUD$100.
Student Membership: AUD$50 annual fee
Associate Membership: AUD$50 annual fee
What length of time is AAAP membership valid?
AAAP membership operates on a rolling annual subscription basis. For example, if you join on 15th July your membership will be valid for one year from that date. When you purchase AAAP membership online the auto-renewal service is automatically activated. This recurring billing function makes it easy for you to maintain your AAAP membership and all associated benefits in the future by automatically renewing your membership each year. If you choose to opt out of the auto-renewal service, you will need to manually renew your membership on or before the expiry date in order to enjoy continued access to AAAP membership benefits.
I’m not sure if I currently have AAAP membership or when it will expire. How can I check?
The fastest way to find out your AAAP membership status is to check your personalized ‘My Account’ page. Here you can see your membership details including expiry date. Alternatively, you could contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the differences between the three types of AAAP membership?
The type of membership most suitable for you will depend on the level of AcuEnergetics study/qualification you have attained, ie:
Professional Membership is compulsory for registered AcuEnergetics® Practitioners and Wellness Balancers who have completed all AcuEnergetics® exams and other requirements.
Student Membership is for AcuEnergetics® students of all levels (at minimum, you must have completed Level 1 'Skills for Living' AcuEnergetics® course). AAAP Student membership is a requirement for AcuEnergetics® Level 3 students and you will be asked to confirm that you are a current AAAP member in order to commence the AcuEnergetics® online exam process. If your AAAP membership expires, you will not be able to continue the AcuEnergetics® online exam process until your AAAP membership is renewed.
Associate Membership is for people who have not completed any AcuEnergetics® course but would still like to enjoy the benefits of AAAP membership, such as attending AAAP Continuing Education events.
Is AAAP membership compulsory?
AcuEnergetics® Practitioners and Wellness Balancers: Professional membership is a compulsory requirement of your AcuEnergetics® license and is also often a requirement for insurance compliance.
AcuEnergetics® Students: Student membership is encouraged for AcuEnergetics® Level 1 and level 2 students, and is required for the Level 3 course. It is also a participation requirement for commencing the AcuEnergetics® online exam process. If your AAAP membership expires you will not be able to continue the AcuEnergetics® online exam process until your AAAP membership is renewed.
I live outside Australia. How can AAAP membership benefit me?
As AcuEnergetics® and the AAAP continues to expand across the world, the AAAP considers it to be more important than ever to provide a truly global service for AAAP members. Throughout each year the AAAP runs a series of programs and offerings that are available to all AAAP members regardless of geographical location. These include:
- Online Exam Subcommittee: AAAP provides the software for the online AcuEnergetics® exams, enabling students to complete their exams from anywhere in the world.
- Continuing Education event recordings; available in download format (instant access, zero postage fees) and USB format. If you are an AcuEnergetics® Practitioner or Wellness Balancer, your participation (i.e. attending a CE day in person or purchasing the event recording) will count towards your annual Continuing Education requirement with AcuEnergetics®.
- Scholarship Program: provides financial support towards AcuEnergetics® courses. Available to all AAAP members.
- Open Door Program: enables AAAP members to be heard in an official capacity when sharing feedback and discussing any issues, concerns, challenges or opportunities as they arise.
- Global Ambassador: formalized avenue of contact between AAAP board and AAAP communities located outside Australia. Represents the interests and needs of AAAP members internationally, and reports back to the Board any ideas, communications or developments as needed.
No. AAAP membership is non-refundable and non-transferable. Once purchased, AAAP membership is valid for one year from date of purchase. If you choose to opt out of the automated renewal service during this time, your AAAP membership will remain valid for the remainder of the twelve months you have already paid for, however after this time your membership will expire and you will no longer have access to AAAP membership benefits until you manually renew your membership again.
I've recently qualified as an AcuEnergetics® Practitioner / Wellness Balancer. How does this affect my AAAP membership?
It is compulsory for all AcuEnergetics® Practitioners and Wellness Balancers to hold current AAAP Professional membership. If you are an AcuEnergetics® student who has completed the AcuEnergetics® exams and AcuEnergetics® has confirmed you are now qualified as an AcuEnergetics® Practitioner or Wellness Balancer you will need to manually upgrade your AAAP membership from Student level to Professional level via ‘Memberships’, and then cancel your AAAP Student membership via ‘My Account’. Your AAAP Professional membership will be valid for one year starting from the date you upgrade, and will need to be renewed each year for as long as you are registered as an AcuEnergetics® Practitioner or Wellness Balancer.
I've recently qualified as an AcuEnergetics® Practitioner / Wellness Balancer. How can AAAP membership help me to get insurance?
Many insurance companies require you to be a member of an approved association (for AcuEnergetics® Professionals, this is the AAAP), and will ask you to provide your membership number during the insurance application process. To find out your AAAP membership number simply log into aaap.org.au. Once logged in, you will be automatically directed to your ‘My Account’ page where your membership number is clearly displayed.
It is up to you to choose your own insurance provider and decide which level of insurance cover is most suitable for you. Some insurance providers provide different levels of cover in different countries. For example, Arthur Gallagher Insurance is preferred by some AcuEnergetics® Professionals in Australia (this cover requires the holder to be an Australian resident) but AcuEnergetics® Professionals in USA and Europe may not find the same provider to be equally suitable.